Productivity Book Group [ http://productivitybookgroup.org ] discussed Nudge: Improving Decisions about Health, Wealth, and Happiness [ http://amzn.to/1rbRqZj ] by University of Chicago economist Richard Thaler (“THAY-LUHR”) and Harvard Law School Professor Cass Sunstein. Enjoy the discussion!
The Amazon book description states:
Nudge is about choices—how we make them and how we can make better ones. Drawing on decades of research in the fields of behavioral science and economics, authors Richard H. Thaler and Cass R. Sunstein offer a new perspective on preventing the countless mistakes we make—ill-advised personal investments, consumption of unhealthy foods, neglect of our natural resources—and show us how sensible “choice architecture” can successfully nudge people toward the best decisions. In the tradition of The Tipping Point and Freakonomics, Nudge is straightforward, informative, and entertaining—a must-read for anyone interested in our individual and collective well-being.
Our next reading selections are:
2/27/2016 The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich (Expanded and Updated) by Timothy Ferriss http://amzn.to/1nzHvMq
3/26/2016 Better Than Before: Mastering the Habits of Our Everyday Lives by Gretchen Rubin http://amzn.to/1OQLjKy
(Please listen to understand the context of the resources provided. If we missed something, please comment on the episode and let us know!)
- 25 Tips for Productivity [ http://amzn.to/1UxQfUg ] by Augusto Pinaud [ http://augustopinaud.com ]
- Nudge blog [ http://nudges.org/ ]
- Pavlok [ http://pavlok.com/ ]
- FitBit [ http://fitbit.com/ ]
- Quantified Self [ http://quantifiedself.com/ ]
- Start With Why [ http://amzn.to/1KhHo8Z ] by Simon Sinek / TED Talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sioZd3AxmnE
- The Art of Thinking Clearly [ http://amzn.to/1nuZycN ] by Rolf Dobelli
- The Ron Clark Story (movie) [ http://amzn.to/1UxLw5g ]
- The Essential 55: An Award-Winning Educator’s Rules For Discovering the Successful Student in Every Child [ http://amzn.to/1PLP8m1 ] by Ron Clark
- EconTalk Podcast: “Richard Thaler on Libertarian Paternalism” [AUDIO]
- Cass Sunstein on Nudge [VIDEO]
The callers you hear in this episode are readers just like you, and you are more than welcome to join us on the live calls to discuss productivity books too! Please visit ProductivityBookGroup.org and find out the details and the schedule for upcoming book discussion calls. If you plan to read ahead or read a little more slowly, please visit ProductivityBookGroup.org and check out the schedule on the “Upcoming Books” page.
Please feel free to visit iTunes, Stitcher or whichever podcast directory or app you prefer to access Productivity Book Group…and feel free to review us there! This helps expand our readership and bring new discussion callers into the fold. Thank you.
Finally, all podcast episodes are archived at ProductivityBookGroup.org under “Episodes” so if you missed a call and want to review it, feel free to head over and give them a listen.
Note: All registered service marks, trademarks and other copyrighted materials mentioned on the podcast are that of their respective owners. This group is not affiliated with or officially endorsed by those copyright owners.