Productivity Book Group [ http://productivitybookgroup.org ] discussed The Joy of Less, A Minimalist Living Guide: How to Declutter, Organize, and Simplify Your Life [http://amzn.to/YgAYAz] by Francine Jay. Enjoy the discussion!
The Amazon book description states:
Having less stuff is the key to happiness.
Do you ever feel overwhelmed, instead of overjoyed, by all your possessions? Do you secretly wish a gale force wind would blow the clutter from your home? If so, it’s time to simplify your life!
The Joy of Less is a fun, lighthearted guide to minimalist living. Part One provides an inspirational pep talk on the joys and rewards of paring down. Part Two presents the STREAMLINE method: ten easy steps to rid your house of clutter. Part Three goes room by room, outlining specific ways to tackle each one. Part Four helps you trim your to-do list and free up your time, and explains how saving space in your closets can save the planet.
Francine Jay started blogging about minimalist living in 2009 and has published over 100,000 copies of her three books, Frugillionaire, The Joy of Less, and Miss Minimalist. Francine is a minimalist and describes “being a minimalist isn’t only about white walls and empty spaces. It’s about eliminating the distractions that keep us from fully appreciating life” on her website, MissMinimalist.com.
Our next reading selections are:
- 12/5/2015 at noon ET – Changeology: 5 Steps to Realizing Your Goals and Resolutions – John C. Norcross, Kristin Loberg, Jonathon Norcross – http://amzn.to/1lL2EIl
- 1/2/2016 at noon ET – Personal Kanban: Mapping Work | Navigating Life – Tonianne DeMaria Barry, Jim Benson – http://amzn.to/WltYRi
- One Year to an Organized Life: From Your Closets to Your Finances, the Week-by-Week Guide to Getting Completely Organized for Good – Regina Leeds
- One Year to an Organized Work Life: From Your Desk to Your Deadlines, the Week-by-Week Guide to Eliminating Office Stress for Good – Regina Leeds
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing – Marie Kondo
- Decluttering and Organization by Professional Organizer Bev Hitchins of Align Your Life
- Shoeboxed [ http://shoeboxed.com ]
Note: All registered service marks, trademarks and other copyrighted materials mentioned on the podcast are that of their respective owners. This group is not affiliated with or officially endorsed by those copyright owners.